Shopping & Restaurants
- Dollar General
- Lincoln Square Restaurant
- Garrett’s Smokehouse Barbeque
- Golden Chef Chinese Restaurant
- Peace of Mind Pub & Eatery
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market
- American Pizza Company
- La Cantina Mexican Restaurant
There are also many services close by including:
- Deering Cleaners
- Dinius Auto Care
- Great Clips
- Noah’s 24 Hour Animal Clinic
- Noah’s Grooming Salon
- Region’s Bank
- Speedway Gas Station
Just northwest of Windridge on Binford Blvd are –
- Kroger 24 hour store with a mini clinic and gas station
- Tuesday Morning
- Uncle Bill’s Pet Center
- La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
- #1 China Buffet
- George’s Neighborhood Grill
- Blind Owl Brewery-Kitchen & Bar
- Just Judy’s Restaurant
A short drive away you’ll find:
- Sukura Japanese Restaurant
- Glendale Town Center Mall
- Landmark Glendale 12 movie theatre
- Broad Ripple Village
- Fashion Mall at Keystone
- Nora Plaza Shopping Center
- Castleton Square Mall
- Meijer is scheduled to open in June, 2016
- Downtown shopping is about a 20 minute drive, unless the Colts are playing at home!
- Convenient Public Schools –
- Saint Matthew School
- Cathedral High School – within walking distance from Windridge, is a top-ranked college preparatory institution on a beautiful campus. On many days we can hear the lovely carillon counting the hours.
- Indianapolis Public Library – This 33,000 sq.ft. facility was the first of it’s kind library in a shopping mall and provides books, CD’s, computers, films, even a reading room with a fireplace!
- Butler University, located on 46th just west of Windridge , has an extensive arts complex hosting a wide range of performances and events each year. The performing arts spaces on campus include the 2,200-seat Clowes Memorial Hall, the new 450-seat Schrott Center for the Arts, the intimate 140-seat Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall, and Lilly Hall, home to Butler’s Jordan College of the Arts. You can also enjoy Butler Basketball in famous Hinkle Field House or visit the Holcomb Observatory & Planetarium.
- Our private roads provide nearly two miles of safe walking, jogging or riding over rolling and wooded grounds.
- Laurel Hall and Ruth Lilly Conference Center is on our property. We have our annual meeting there. It is a beautiful old building on a beautiful setting.
- Fall Creek Trail – passes right outside our gates.
- Monon Trail – connects to Fall Creek Trail
- Fort Harrison State Park – a beautiful inn and fine restaurant, several fishing lakes, walking trails, picnic & grilling facilities, a canoe launch, a dog park, sledding, trailheads with parking and golfing.
- Tennis – a court right next to our Office/Community Room
- Hillcrest Country Club
- Devon Country Club features the city’s largest outdoor heated pool, picnic areas, and lighted USTA-approved tennis courts.
- Benjamin Harrison YMCA, a branch of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis. It has both outdoor and indoor swimming pools and offers Golden Sneakers programs.
- The Fort Golf Resort – An acclaimed 18-hole golf course
- Golf courses nearby – Sahm and Pleasant Run
- And don’t forget, our location near the Interstates means you can zip Downtown to watch professional sports, visit numerous museums, or enjoy symphony and theatre in less than twenty minutes!
See further details: