Our Neighborhood Watch Basics
The leaders of the Neighborhood Watch are a coordinator & area captains. They may:
- Organize “community” activities.
- Distribute crime prevention literature to members of the group.
- Help distribute info about various types of activity taking place in our community.
- Teach residents techniques to reduce the risk of being victimized at home and in public.
- Train residents to recognize and report suspicious activities.
- Teach participants how to make their homes more secure.
- Teach participants how to properly identify their property.
- Allow neighbors to get to know each other and their routines so that unusual activity can be reported and investigated.
- Bring residents together to address the needs and issues that concern the entire community.
Our Neighborhood Watch is NOT:
- Vigilante forces working outside the normal procedures of law enforcement.
- Designed for participants to take personal risks to prevent crime.
- A 100% guarantee that crime will not occur in your neighborhood.
Please click on the articles below:
Neighborhood Watch Article with Checklist – Checklist is on pages 12-15 of the article